I love to share my designs but they are protected by Copyright which I own outright so I thank you not to copy or reproduce them for any reason or in any format either in part or as a whole.

Now that the business side of things has been taken care of please feel free to enjoy your visit and I hope you like what you see.

Haste ye back!


Monday 9 January 2012

Better late than never...

My Craft Studio Papercraft Library vol 9 Christmas Bunny Snuffles
I know Christmas is over for another year so I hope you don't mind this late offering on my blog. This 7x7" Christmas card was made especially for a dear friend and her husband and it has travelled a bit since I forgot to photograph it before I posted it in the mayhem that is all things Christmas! So, it was posted back to me so that I could photograph it and share it with you on my blog page...that's what I call a real friend! Mind you, it was conditional upon it's return to them which I have done today. I used a background from the cd but, using the on board graphics programme, I was able to create additional swirls and add other icons and small touches to the design before printing it out on white Super Smooth card which I cut using Spellbinders Grand Labels One die and using 3d foam tape with Pinflair glue mounted it onto a piece of 7x7" white glitter card which I had stuck to the main card. I used one of the elements from the cd as a sentiment tag and cut it using Spellbinders Scalloped Circle die. I decoupaged the lanterns and glazed them using my favourite 3d Crystal Lacquer. I then added My Craft Studio Extra Fine Crystal Glitter, and Frost and Ice from Embellishment Attic to give the sparkling finish. I think this show the versatility of MCS cds - it's not always necessary to use the main images...sometimes a background can be the main feature! I hope you agree.

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Sheenagh. I have to agree the MCS cd's are so versatile Love your description I really must start doing that . Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Christine, I appreciate your visit and comment.
    Hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowiee - fame on your blog - we thank you Sheenagh from Peter and myself. I must say your card was just outstanding and a joy to receive, and trillion times better when handled in real life. Now we know just how hard you worked creating this masterpiece and it is a masterpiece, and look forward to it popping back through our letter box by our trusty postie, to be treasured forever!!!B☀E☀A☀U☀T☀I☀F☀U☀L. SPRINKLES on your "Special Blog page" !!!! Kay (alias "Tinks") and Peter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Sheenagh. I like to use my MCS CD's for backing papers to cards they work perfectly.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful, love all the glitter on the lamps - beautiful effect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. I like MCS too. I have followed you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Tinks, for all of your fairy dust - you certainly put the sparkle in my life and now in my blog! How blessed am I?
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Linda for your constant support.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Sutty and Jeanette, for your kind comments and welcome to my blog world.
    Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you both so much, Pam and Janet. your support means a lot to me.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete

I moderate all the comments that's why they don't post straight away. Thank you for taking your time posting them.