I love to share my designs but they are protected by Copyright which I own outright so I thank you not to copy or reproduce them for any reason or in any format either in part or as a whole.

Now that the business side of things has been taken care of please feel free to enjoy your visit and I hope you like what you see.

Haste ye back!


Wednesday 18 January 2012

Little Firecracker.....

Jem's Designs
Fairy Cobblers cd
"Firecracker"
This post introduces my new Luxury Signature Cards range.

This is a commissioned 40th Birthday card which will be, as always, tissue wrapped and boxed.

It is 7.25" square as I have managed to source boxes to take this size of finished card - until now my commissions have always been A5 finished size - so let's see how successful the larger luxury range will be.

I have used Cryogen White card from Craft Creations Pearl card range and made a toning pink base colour by using the crop feature in MCS graphics programme to select a small piece of colour from the main image and stretching it to A4 size. I printed two A4 sheets on both sides for the base card and another piece sized for a layer. I also printed out two different backgrounds from the cd and cut away the corners using Fiskars rounding scissors, then these were all matted and layered to the front of the card with different depths of 3d foam tape or finger lift tape. I then cut a border from silver mirri board using Spellbinders edgeabilities - Classic Petal - and glued it to the front.

The printed topper was also matted onto silver mirri board and I cut out corners and a flourish using Spellbinder dies - Twisted Metal Tags and Accents - and glued the corners under each corner before placing it on the card. The fairy image was printed out again and was then decoupaged using Pinflair glue and highlighted with MCS Embellishment Attic Crystal Glitter.

I used the flourish in the floral embellishment along with pearl sprays, white and pink small flowers from my crafty stash and the beautiful large baby pink rose and pearl crown hat pin from my luscious new goodies from Wild Orchid Crafts.

I printed my own text using MCS graphics onto a blank sentiment tag from the cd.

For the insert I have made a pocket for a gift card/cheque which I embossed along the edge using a Glitter Girls board (which I've had for so long I can't remember what it's called) and then cut the scalloped edge. I also added a small tag from the cd with narrow red satin ribbon and my own printed text.

I hope you like what you see, and I would love to know what you think of my work - does it deserve the "luxury" label, please?

Thanks for visiting -please pop in again soon.

Crafty hugs, Sheenagh x

21 comments:

  1. This is fab Shennah, thanks for entering my blog giveaway...good luck

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luxury label is a yes from me a lot of hard work and thought went into this I hope you are appreciated. Hugs H.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats stunning , i absolutly love the pocket idea , thanks so much for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, the colours of papers and card all tone beautifully. The image is fabulous and I'm sure will appeal to all ages. Loving the flowers too. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card sheenagh love the colours sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is stunning Sheenagh. I love the colours you have used and the matching flowers complement the design. The fairy is lovely. Your work gets better and better each time i see it you should be very proud your one talented lady and i am very honoured to have met you through our love for all things crafty all the best Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super extra extra luxury, love this and the work in it, given me some ideas, not exact obviously, but the layering etc, you tend to forget things when you can only craft at weekends and holidays, where did you find the insert words? if you dont mind me asking:-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow stunning csard, love the little flowers and the image xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so gorgeous, I love that fairy image and the flowers are so pretty
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi hun, wonderfull card as always. i did post earlier but its not showing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes it sure does pass as a luxury card. It is fabulous, yet another CD to add to my list :)

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it, Boxed they are much better, now another thing to think about. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything about the card screams luxury - would not expect anything less from you Sheenagh!!!'K' xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so very much for your wonderful and encouraging comments, my dear friends x

    ReplyDelete

I moderate all the comments that's why they don't post straight away. Thank you for taking your time posting them.